Friday, January 2, 2009

Christmas at the Cabin!










What a fabulous Christmas! My parents rented a cabin in Shaver Lake (about 1 hour from Fresno in the Sierra Moutains) and it snowed, snowed, snowed! I don't think the girls have actually ever had a white Christmas. We drove in on Christmas eve with my parents (a few mis-adventures on the way, including a wrong turn and getting stuck in the snow) and dad and Brian spent about 2 hours shoveling snow for a place to park -- side note: I think every picture I have of Brian is of shoveling snow or working outside. Mom and Dad brought a tree and we decorated it. Steph, Joel and boys (now 18, 16 & 12) joined us Christmas morning. It snowed all throughout the day. We probably had 1-2 feet of fresh snow. It really was perfect. We spent four nights up there, with Christy & Todd joining us on the last night.

The kids had NO clue as to how much work it was to get there (packing our food in, bringing all the gifts, tree, linens, snowclothes, etc) and it was bunches of work for the adults, but it was worth it! We have a wealth of memories, including daddy's sled run from the top of the cabin to the bottom, which was great fun (I even have a few bruises which serve to remind me that I am in my 40's, not my teens!)! Here are a few pictures from our Winter Wonderland.

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

Hi Carolyn - That looked like a great time. Great to see you blogging so fun to keep up that way! ~ Adrienne

Chris @ Come to the Table said...

Hi Carolyn,
How are you? Wow, it has been a long time. I am coming to you from Carolyn Hogan's site.

Your girls have grown. I think the last time we saw you guys was at Old Oak and you had just adopted your first (3rd child) daughter. All of the girls are so cute.

Blessings,
Chris